e

Friday, March 11, 2011

Running of the Brides: Part 3

So in my last post I told you about our trip to Atlanta last year in search of my cousin's dream dress. Since we were so successful with her venture I decided on the spot that we would be back for my dress next year.

Well it's one week from the run you guys and I am so freaking excited! I can barely stop myself from squealing out every time I think about it. I sent out an email to my pose this morning with the TWO, yes TWO, slide shows about the Run and also a verbal breakdown of it. I told you last time that I was crazy, I mean organized. I wish there was a way to post them on here but you can look for them on the side of my blog. They're really funny and serious at the same time. You have to know my tone to know when I'm joking, either way I go over the top with my slide shows. Below are the word formats that I sent to my girls today. I started this document months ago so that we could get a good look at what was going to happen. The paper Instruction Manuel goes like this:


People Going to Atlanta: For sure Not sure Not going (color coded for my OCD self)
I even have the times they are coming broken down. The colors obviously mark which of the 3 above categories they fit in. Beside their name is their t-shirt size (for their ROTB shirts) and whether they have paid for their shirt and if it was received. Some people ordered shirts even though they and I knew they weren't going to be able to go with us. That's how sweet and wonderful my family and friends are. My FMIL and 2 FSILs are going out of town that week but they still wanted the awesome shirt. And one of my bridesmaids, BM BonBon, got a new job *YAY* a few weeks ago and couldn't take time off till she reached 90 days so that was completely understandable. Below is also a picture of our shirts.


Don't they look great! The guy who I worked with was amazing! Lucky for me he had lived in Atlanta and knew all about ROTB. I was so glad he knew what I was talking about and didn't look at me like an alien when I told him why we needed these shirts. Also the graphic design team worked so well with me adjusting the bride to what I wanted. Can you say PERFECTION!


Now in the second section I listed the Hotel information for the ladies staying in the hotel. I plan on going all out this year, as in sleeping on the street the night before, but I didn't want my two grandmothers, two aunts, two cousins, Mom and little sister on the street too. And it's not because they aren't welcome or snore but because sleeping on the concrete in sleeping bags and chairs. They deserve better since they are all taking time off of work or school or dance to be with me. I even broke down who stayed in what room. Now this can be changed if the bed sleepers want. I don't care about room switching at all. Originally I booked two rooms in the same hotel we stayed at last year. The rate was $129.99 a night which I thought was reasonable. That was until I got an email from Pat Boudrat about a week ago. I didn't pay close attention to it but something in the middle caught my eye. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARRIOTT OFFERS SPECIAL RUNNING OF THE BRIDES OVERNIGHT PACKAGE – JUST $99*
You’ve said YES! Now it’s time to run for that perfect dress! We promise fabulous accommodations, just two blocks from Filene’s Basement. Don’t wait, run for chance to snag a great stay and an even better dress! Deluxe accommodations for two; complimentary self-parking for one vehicle, complimentary Swag Bag upon arrival.



Well I may be crazy but not crazy enough to pass up this deal! I immediately called my current hotel cancelled my two rooms there and promptly booked two rooms at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Not only was it nicer and cheaper than the first hotel but it was closer! WAY CLOSER!

Up next: The THRID, yes 3rd, Section of my paper plans...don't be mad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment