e

Monday, March 14, 2011

Reality vs. Real World

As I sit here watching The Bachelor, biting my nails waiting to see the results, I can't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Yes I watch trash TV but in my defense the Bachelor is the only reality show I watch besides Top Chef.





I enjoy the shows and the whole drama of them, even had a close friend that was supposed to be on this season that's ending tonight. But watching these shows makes me eternally thankful for Philip and the man he is to me. He is the answer to so many prayers. He came into my life when we as a family were going through a hard time. My step-brother, York, who is only 3 months older than me (and he's also single ladies), left for Iraq the month after Philip and I started dating. Now being that York is only 3 months older than me is very cool. But what's even cooler is the fact that we've been brother and sister since we were 5 years old. We've grown up together and don't even call each other "step"-brother or sister. Now I'm happy to report that York is home now and he is about to be home, in Alabama, for good at the end of April.

York's Graduation from Boot Camp, July 25th 2008, one day after his 21st birthday.



During his 2 weeks home from Iraq in 2009
Saying goodbye for the last time.

And if that wasn't enough, last summer my baby brother, Eli, started having seizures. They started happening when he got over heated and the doctors thought it was related to that but now they have diagnosed him with Complex Migraines. So far he has had four seizures, one of them being a Grand Mal seizure. For a 7 year old to be told he can't have caffeine, can't run around a get hot, has to just calm down, is really hard to understand. Eli has done great taking his medicine and letting us know when he is starting to have an episode. Philip was with me every time in the ER. All three times! Well the actual 3rd time Eli had a seizure was the morning after Philip and I got engaged and we were out of town so we weren't there and that killed me. Every time Eli wakes up he is his same old self and so happy to see us. We love our E-man and are so happy that he's going to be a part of our special day. Philip loves my family so much and they love him too and that makes him even more perfect!

Philip and Eli at the beach

What real life struggles have helped you know that he was the one?

No comments:

Post a Comment