e

Friday, December 17, 2010

Dress Shopping Trip #2

The third trip was in Dothan on the day that I asked Jensen, my little sister, to be my maid of honor. She took to the role with great spirit. She zipped me up, learned how to lace up a corset backed dress, and most importantly, how to carry a train. We had a great time and actually found a dress that I am quite fond of.


Trip #3


I love this dress! It's elegant and simple at the same time. It has everything I want in a dress and more!


But being the frugal bride I am, I can't fathom spending so much money on a dress. So I'm planning on going to The Running of the Brides in Atlanta in March of next year to see if we can find my dream dress for a great deal less. I went to ROTB this past year with my cousin, Elizabeth, in search of her dress and after 1 hour of sleep, 6 hours on the sidewalk in the cold, and 2 1/2 hours of snatching dresses and pulling hair we actually found her dream dress! I will do a whole post on this experience later on because it deserves it.

Now for the big surprise, tomorrow I'm going down to Dothan for Jensen's birthday and I'm taking my best friend Courtney with me. She thinks we are just going down for Jen's party and to see my mom but really I'm going to be asking her to be my Maid of Honor. I know what you're thinking, Jensen's already your maid of honor and you're right. However, Jensen is only 11, turning 12 tomorrow and will only be 13 when Philip and I tie the knot so she will need some help with her duties. I know Courtney will be the perfect person to help Jen out! I'm going to surprise Courtney with a "Christmas present" in the morning on the way down there and ask her to stand beside me on my wedding day. I can't wait to post her answer when we get back. Wonder what she'll say... Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment